REGISTRATION – NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
- Last patient registration at the Urgent Care Clinic is at 5:00 pm on weekdays and 3:00 pm on weekends and holidays
- We reserve the right to close registration prior to the posted closing times due to clinic volume
- Out of consideration for other patients, physicians will deal with ONLY ONE ISSUE per visit
Cost of Services / Payment Procedures
- We accept all provincial health plans including Interim Federal Health (patients with Quebec Health Cards are required to pay a $40 hold payment)
- Patients with invalid or expired health cards are required to pay a $40 Hold-Payment charge. Once the health card is renewed, replaced, or a valid health card is brought in with the receipt- our clinic will immediately reimburse you
- We accept Guard Me Insurance and certain other Insurances who have made prior direct billing arrangements with us
- Patients who do not qualify for Canadian Health coverage will be required to pay for their medical services
- Services not covered by OHIP (sick notes, travel advice, driver’s physicals) must be paid for at the time they are provided, in accordance with Ontario Medical Association policy
- A list of service fees including fees for various procedures, diagnostic tests, and administrative forms are in addition to Visit fees and costs of therapies such as medications, ancillary service providers, and other treatments. We provide formal receipts for Insurance reimbursement
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Debit and Cash for all uninsured services
Behaviour and Conduct
- Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times
- Ensuring the safety of children is entirely the responsibility of the accompanying parent or guardian
- Disruptive, rude, or aggressive behaviour determined at the discretion of Clinic Staff will not be tolerated and may result in police being called, removal from the facility and future denial of service from all affiliated Clinics
- Presentation for service implies an endorsement of our posted policies
Controlled Substance Prescribing Policy
- We will not refill narcotics, benzodiazepines, stimulants or other restricted medications (in accordance with CPSO regulations)
Duty of Care / Follow-Up
- All new blood work, imaging or other test results are reviewed daily by a physician. You will be notified directly of any ABNORMAL results. We do not routinely call patients with normal or negative test results. If you are concerned, please come in during operating hours to follow up and discuss your results with a physician
- ANY third party referrals will be made at the discretion of the attending physician
- Completion of forms (e.g. Disability) are subject to additional fees, and are completed at the discretion of the attending physician
- Procedures, injections and completion of forms are at the discretion of, and subject to, evaluation by the attending physician
K-W Urgent Care Clinics Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. The appropriate collection, use and disclosure of patients’ personal health information is fundamental to our day-to-day operations and to your care.
We strive to provide you with excellent medical care and service, which includes treating your personal information with respect. Each member and employee of the Practice must abide by our commitment to privacy in handling personal information.
What is Personal Health Information?
Personal health information means identifying information about an individual relating to their physical or mental health (including medical history), the providing of health care to the individual, payments or eligibility for health care, organ and tissue donation and health number.
The 10 Principles of Privacy
2. Identifying Purposes: Why We Collect Information
We ask you for information to establish a relationship and serve your medical needs. We obtain most of our information about you directly from you, or from other health practitioners whom you have seen and authorized to disclose to us. You are entitled to know how we use your information and this is described in the Privacy Statement posted in each of our clinics. We will limit the information we collect to what we need for those purposes, and we will use it only for those purposes. We will obtain your consent if we wish to use your information for any other purpose.
You have the right to determine how your personal health information is used and disclosed. For most health care purposes, your consent is implied as a result of your consent to treatment, however, in some circumstances your express, sometimes written, consent may be required.
4. Limiting Collection
We collect information by fair and lawful means and collect only that information which may be necessary for purposes related to the provision of your medical care.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
The information we request from you is used for the purposes defined. We will seek your consent before using the information for purposes beyond the scope of the posted Privacy Statement.
We will retain your information only for the time it is required for the purposes we describe and once your personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed. However, due to our on-going exposure to potential claims, some information is kept for a longer period.
We endeavour to ensure that all decisions involving your personal information are based upon accurate and timely information. While we will do our best to base our decisions on accurate information, we rely on you to disclose all material information and to inform us of any relevant changes.
7. Safeguards: Protecting Your Information
We protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. The Practice maintains personal information in a combination of paper and electronic files. Recent paper records concerning individual’s personal information are stored in files kept onsite at our office. Older records may be stored offsite.
Access to personal information will be authorized only for the physicians and employees associated with the Practice, and other agents who require access in the performance of their duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
Our computer systems are password-secured and constructed in such a way that only authorized individuals can access secure systems and databases.
If you send us an e-mail message that includes personal information, such as your name included in the “address”, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. Please remember that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, you should not send it electronically unless the e-mail is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access is secure.
8. Openness: Keeping You Informed
If you have any additional questions or concerns about privacy, we invite you to contact by e-mail at urgent firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address your concerns to the best of our ability.
9. Access and Correction
With limited exceptions, we will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification.
We may charge you a fee for this service and if so, we will give you notice in advance of processing your request.
If you find errors of fact in your personal health information, please notify us as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate corrections. We are not required to correct information relating to clinical observations or opinions made in good faith. You have a right to append a short statement of disagreement to your record if we refuse to make a requested change.
If we deny your request for access to your personal information, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may then challenge our decision.
10. Challenging Compliance
In most cases, an issue is resolved simply be telling us about it and discussing it. You can reach us by calling the practice at which your personal health records are held or you may contact our Home Office by calling 519-748-2327 or by e-mail at urgent email@example.com
If, after contacting us, you feel that your concerns have not been addressed to your satisfaction, we will provide information on other complaint procedures that may be available to you.